RC Training: Integration & Arts part 2
Integration & Arts
Training Session 2
2othJuly 2018, FOPSIM, Malta
FOPSIM held a an event on Friday with topic “Integration and Food – as part of the series of events Integration and Arts”.
The idea for this event came in fact from the previous event held and from a project of another organisation developing a food truck.
- 13:40 – 14:00 Registrations
- 14:00 – 14:10 Welcome address
- 14:10 – 14:45 Saha Food Truck from Migrant Women Association
- 14:45 – 15:25 Familija Serbian Restaurant
- 15:25 – 16:05 One Love African Bar-Restaurant
- 16:05 – 16:15 Climate KIC presentation and Funding Opportunities for new businesses
- 16:15 – 17:00 Food tasting and Open Discussion with Attendees and Representatives
It is well known that culture is art (from the traditional outfits and pasterns met in different regions to the symbols and colours and drawings used to express different feelings or periods and the traditional dances), and food is an important part of each culture.
Therefore, for this event (held as part of the 7 trainings that FOPISM will organise during Risk change project implementation) we decided to bring migrant people to present their success stories. In other words, how sharing the love for cooking and their cuisine has empowered them and helped them integrate and make a living.
We had the Saha Food Truck and Migrant Women Association joining us and one of the founders of “Familija Serbian Restaurant” to present their stories.
The feedback we got from the participants was very positive with all them saying they found the topic and presentations very interested and that they know look forward to the next event.