Sustainable co-working model is based on self-organised initiatives in local multicultural urban and migrant communities, implementing a horizontal educational management structure rather then a hierarchical one, practicing cooperative and mutual principles depending on capacities and education of individuals.
People working (and if possible living) together in interdisciplinary groups are exchanging interdisciplinary knowledge and experiences, creating a free access to learning about human rights, enterprise development, life skills, research, use of technologies enabling people to be socially integrated, plus interconnected with diverse similar on-line communities.
- A model combines several areas of intangible cultural heritage: music, myth, hand-work, craftsmanship, gardening, food production, everyday equipment, sustainability thinking, architecture, energy efficiency (low power computing, rechargeable batteries, conversion of local renewable resources), ICT innovations etc. – using traditional and technological methods in innovative ways.
- Co-working model thus integrates archaic processes and ancestral production methods with more complex and sophisticated technology, creating a production line, branding, marketing and promotional plan of innovative products in fashion, furniture, social event management, culinary and food production, production of survival kits, smart design, ICT products.
- Establishing homes of diversity in reused abandoned houses or revitalized abandoned industrial heritage or uni-purpose venues transformed into multi-purpose production spaces (e.g. transformations of galleries and museum shops) to open studios for co-working, spaces for educational trainings, workshops (hands-on, DIY, think-do-share, DIWO, art as a therapy methods) and creating a public urban green oasis as horizontal and vertical gardens which open possibilities for a food self-supply.
- In Maribor, Budapest, Novi Sad, Zejtun, Hvidovre, Amsterdam (6 co-working meetings) will be stressed through co-workings, study visits, idea exchanges, discussions and brainstorming several successful creative co-working models and employment strategy of disadvantage groups, cultural workers etc. in RC Consortium and in-between associated partners.
- Co-working model needs to coexist with other organizations and activities, small/medium enterprises, markets, etc.