Open Call for Artists MSUV Novi Sad, Serbia
The Museum of Contemporary Art of Vojvodina issues an OPEN CALL for participation on three solo exhibitions
OPEN CALL For participation within the scope of EU Project RISK CHANGE
Deadline: APRIL 15, 2017
The Museum of Contemporary Art of Vojvodina issues a OPEN CALL for participation on three solo exhibitions which are to be realized during the year 2017 within the scope of the project RISK CHANGE supported by the European Union ‘’Creative Europe’’ programme.
Risk Change is a project that explores the socio-political preassures that are conditioned by the movement of the population, changing of residence, migration, exile, etc, through interdisciplinary and intercultural approaches. During 2017 the focus will be on the humanistic consideration of the current social and political issues through the intermedia art practices.
Project Risk Change aims to produce concrete results: art residences, new/inovative models, conferences, symposia, workshops, open laboratories, exhibitions, study visits, web platform, smart phone application, new cultural networks, publications, etc.
In addition to the Museum of Contemporary Art of Vojvodina the project includes the participation of 9 more partners: ACE KIBLA Association for Culture and Education (Maribor, Slovenia), ACAX – Agency for Contemporary Art Exchange (Budapest, Hungary), FOPSIM Foundation for the Promotion of Social Inclusion in Malta (Żejtun, Malta), Muzej moderne i suvremene umjetnosti (Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art) (Rijeka, Croatia) , RIXC The Center for New Media Culture (Riga, Lithuania), 7scenes, Location based mobile apps (Amsterdam, Netherlands), ZINC Arts et Cultures Numériques (Marseille, France), The Mighty Creatives (Leicester, UK), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Athens, Greece).
The public invitation refers to three solo exhibitions that would be realized in one of the exhibition spaces of the Museum of Contemporary Art of Vojvodina during the year 2017.
The concept of the exhibitions should reflect the theme of the entire Risk Change project and should take into consideration the budget planned for the project and the organizational possibilities.
The application should contain:
- personal info: name, family name, address, contact telephone number
- professional CV
- description/proposal of the solo exhibition together with the relevant visual documentation (sketches, photographs, records …)
- technical data, a list of the equipment necessary for the technical realization the exhibition
- The right to apply for the competition is open to all artists from the territory of the Republic of Serbia and Europe
- Each artist has the right to apply with only one proposal
- It is possible to apply with already existing and exhibited works as well as with the new ones
- Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration
- The organizer (MSUV) covers the following expenses:
– travel cost up to 100 Euro
– the cost of two-day-stay in Novi Sad during the setting and opening of the exhibition
– artist’s fee in the amount of ~ 300 euros (350 euros gross)
– costs of organizing the exhibition and technical-logistic support (MSUV does not cover the cost of production of works)
- The solo exhibitions will be presented within a joint catalogue of the project Risk Change for the year 2017
The OPEN CALL will be open till 15th April, 2017.
The aplications should be sent to the following mail address: email@example.com, stating: RC competition: Name and Family name (SOLO). For any additional information feel free to contact Tijana Filipov at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submitted applications will be evaluated by a jury of curators of the international project Risk Change. The results will be announced no later than 05th May of the current year on the website of the Museum of Contemporary Art of Vojvodina: www.msuv.org
RISK CHANGE project is supported by the Creative Europe – programme of the European Union and the Department of Culture, Information and Public Relations with Religious Communities of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina.
See more at: